R&R: Relationship and Release

Listen to Pastor Paul's Sermons Online!

Monday, April 12, 2010

a "normal" week at Cornerstone

So, I was thinking (a dangerous past-time, I know)...
Maybe I should blog a kind of "day in the life of" Cornerstone Fellowship post...
But then I realized there no such thing as a "normal day" at our fabulous church!
Take this last week for example...

We were coming off of the "holy-week high"! We had some amazing Easter celebrations!
A lot of times you'd expect a trough after the peak, but not around here...
Tuesday morning at prayer group the topic was: HOW TO HEAR FROM GOD!
I wasn't able to stick around for the whole discussion and teaching by Joyce Meyer because I had a pastors mtg. to go to...BUT, what I heard challenged me...
Stop running to people for confirmation, people pleasing, impulsive, flesh, emotions...Choose an attitude (even an atmosphere) of being willing to wait because we want God's will more than anything else...walking in anointing even in the little stuff of life...
The prayer group is truly bringing a little heaven to earth every morning at Cornerstone!

Wednesday night there was what seemed like hundreds of kids running around having FUN at church! LOVE IT! Then us old people gathered around a table to continue discussing John Ortberg's book: The Life You've Always Wanted. We dreamed of truly LIVING IN JESUS NAME! We prayed that our attitudes and actions would reflect the heart of Jesus more and more with each passing day!

Thursday I took some time to pay some visits to the "slightly older crowd" of our church.
I can't even begin to express the fun I had listening to Helen McQuay share stories of the faithfulness of God over the many years the Lord has blessed her with...

I call Friday my "holly-day"...I get a holiday every week! I don't want to be one of those pastors that pours all of his energy into his church while his family has to get the left-overs...

I look forward to getting together with the worship team on Saturdays to practice the songs the Lord puts on Keith's heart...

And of course Sunday...Keith Sr. taught Sunday School, I loved what he called his rabbit trails! I began a new sermon series entitled: I AM THIRSTY! I don't wish to just "go thru the motions"! I asked the Holy Spirit what he wanted me to do for my next sermon series and the word spoken to my heart was...thirst...So, we began in John 4, I believe the LORD truly touched hearts!
Tom and Sheila had us over for some roast, mashed potatoes, fruit salad, veggies, home-made bread, strawberry pie...YUMMY!
AND Team Night began with me at the piano for a time of worship and prayer and then into the fellowship hall where we discussed a video by Rick Warren on MAKING GOD SMILE and ended the evening with some goodies and more fellowship...

HONESTLY, we are SPOILED at Cornerstone Fellowship! And that's just a quick overview from a "normal" week...

No comments:

Post a Comment