R&R: Relationship and Release

Listen to Pastor Paul's Sermons Online!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Church Board

I was thinking today about how blessed our church is with wonderful leadership!
Our Church Board is a special group of individuals: Keith and Carie Sinks, Tom and Sheila Henson and Wayne and Tammy McMurtry!
(and this is only a sampling of all the amazing Christian leaders in our pews)

I thought it would be fun to not just go thru the motions, getting together for a board meeting monthly but truly grow closer together over a meal, etc.
So, we are taking turns going to each others homes having amazing dinners and doing church business...
(it really has been amazing so far: Holly's chili, Tammy's lasagna, Carie's steaks and next it's Sheila's ???)
We aren't just getting together, growing our bellies and glossing over church material...
Our meetings have been very productive...actually our last mtg. at Keith and Carie's went late into the night discussing God's will for Cornerstone Fellowship...

We've been growing in Christian Leadership with John Maxwell's teaching on Leadership Promises...
Here's some of what we have learned already...
A Leader's Promise to the Team:
1. I am humbly aware of how much I've already been forgiven, and I will continue owning up to my mistakes...Times of failure not only reveal a leader's true character, but also present opportunities for significant leadership lessons...
2. I know how much I need God's help, And I turn to Him Daily for counsel and encouragement...Unless God remains at the center of your efforts, you labor in vain...
3. I understand that the quality of my leadership springs from the quality of my heart. I will Guard my Heart!...Most natural leaders don't aspire to be great leaders; they aspire to be great persons...

No comments:

Post a Comment