R&R: Relationship and Release

Listen to Pastor Paul's Sermons Online!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

In the Valley I Grow

A very good friend gave me a beautifully framed poem as a parting gift when God called us away from Oak Harbor, WA. It hangs in my office and has been a wonderful reminder for many years!

In The Valley I Grow

Sometimes life seem hard to bear,
full of sorrow, trouble and woe.
It's then I have to remember
that it's in the valley I grow.

If I always stayed on the mountain top,
and never experienced pain,
I would never appreciate God's love
and would be living in vain.

I have so much to learn
and my growth is very slow.
Sometimes I need the mountain tops
but it's in the valley I grow.

My little valleys are nothing
when I picture Christ on the cross.
He went through the valley of death.
His victory was Satan's loss.

Thank you for the valleys, Lord.
For this one thing I know.
The mountain tops are glorious,
but it's in the valleys I grow.


I found a beautiful web-page with the author named...my plaque says author unknown...
http://www.llerrah.com/dreams.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment