R&R: Relationship and Release

Listen to Pastor Paul's Sermons Online!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

it doesn't get much better than this












I had the amazing privilege of baptizing the amazing Jesse this morning!
I've always had a soft spot for teenagers (maybe I should have stayed a youth pastor longer), but let me say with all sincerity, Bayard teens are extraordinary! I have never been a part of a church where the teens are trusted to clean the facility! Jesse and his brother do a great job! Auntie Carie told me something the other day that went straight to my heart to store for when I need some encouragement. She told me that when Billy found out we were moving he said, "that sucks with a capital S." (If you are offended by the word suck please substitute: inhales sharply) Jesse asked that I baptize him before we go. I usually encourage parents, mentors (leaders who have very consistent contact with the individual) to do the baptizing. But, I couldn't refuse such a special request...

No comments:

Post a Comment