R&R: Relationship and Release

Listen to Pastor Paul's Sermons Online!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Slow Down

I've had so many comments from encouraging pew warmers this week regarding my message on Sunday. I thought I should copy and paste the power point and remind you to visit my podcast...


Family Matters:

FROM BURNOUT TO BALANCE /

SLOWING DOWN

Four Effects of a Hurried Lifestyle:

1. When I get more and more hurried I feel more stress.

Song of Solomon 1:6

2. When life gets hurried I also lose my joy.

Job said, “My days go by faster than a runner. They fly away without my seeing any joy.”

3. When I get too hurried in life I am less productive.

Proverbs 21:5

Psalm 19:2

4. I can’t hear God.

Psalm 46:10

Four Starter Principles For Slowing Down In Life:

Four Principles That Spell Out The Word SLOW:

S – Stop the constant push for more.

Motivations

Values

Ambition

Insecurity

As long as you confuse yourworth with your work you’re going to be stressed out.

The starting point is to become content with who you are and what you have.

Ecclesiastes 4:6

Stop comparing.

Proverbs 14:30

Stop the competition.

L – Learn to say NO.

Proverbs 20:25

O – Obey the fourth commandment.

Exodus 20:9-10

Three Things That Should Happen On Your Weekly Sabbath:

1. Physical rest.

2. Recharge your emotions.

3. Spiritual tuneup.

B-U-S-Y: being under satan’s yoke.

Schedule R & R

Psalm 127

W – Wait for God’s Timing

Ecclesiastes 3:11

Habakkuk 2:3

Psalm 51:10

No comments:

Post a Comment