R&R: Relationship and Release

Listen to Pastor Paul's Sermons Online!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Helper and Battlefield of the Mind

This pastor is spoiled rotten!
Daily I am amazed at this church the Lord has given me!
I AM BLESSED!
Right now at this moment I'm reading this incredible book by Catherine Marshall that Keith Sr. is leading a group thru and I'm tremendously blessed by it...
(his group is meeting Tuesday evenings, 7pm)
And I'm reminded of Carie's class that is going thru Joyce Meyer's book on Tuesday mornings and I'm blessed...
Does this church even need me? The lay leadership is so strong...I have never seen anything like it! The team spirit (together everyone accomplishes more), the freedom of "everyone is a minister, everyone needs a ministry"...I'm blessed!
AND THIS IS IN THE SUMMERTIME! WATCH OUT DEVIL!

I've been meaning to blog some words from Carie's Tuesday AM class and keep forgetting.
Here's some life-changing truth:
Have you noticed that the condition of your mind changes? One time you may be calm and peaceful, and another time anxious and worried. Or you may make a decision and be sure about it, then later find your mind in a confused condition concerning the very thing you were previously so clear and certain about.
Our minds are not born again with the New Birth experience - they have to be renewed. (Romans 12:2) Satan will aggressively fight against the renewal of our minds, but it is vital that we press on and continue to pray and study in this area until we gain measurable victory...
THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT!
I encourage you to check out Joyce Meyer's book (Battlefield of the Mind) and you are welcome Tuesday mornings at 8:30am...
(well every weekday morning Pat is leading a time of prayer, PTL!)

Most preachers have to put fire under their pew warmers...I have to be careful these Amazing Christians don't burnout by doing too much...
As a matter of fact, I believe we're starting John Bevere's, Bait of Satan teaching in Sunday School...either we're hungry for more or crazy, I don't know which one yet...
(and I just remembered we're still doing Rick Warren's purpose driven stuff on Sunday Eves, if we keep this up we may just hit overload...)
Here's a scary thought: are we leaving enough time to actually practice what we are learning?
I better preach on SLOWING DOWN this Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment