R&R: Relationship and Release

Listen to Pastor Paul's Sermons Online!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Am STILL Thirsty

My goodness, I've been here for 5 months and I'm only on my second sermon series.
I sure hope they aren't dragging on too long, but I'm just listening to my LORD!
We started with the MAIN THING: LOVE!
Now I believe the Spirit put a word in my heart in response to my prayer for where to go next: THIRST!
So, here's some notes from the last few weeks:

Judges 15 (samson)
Philip Yancey, Disappointment with God
Jerry Sittser, A Grace Disguised: How the soul grows thru loss
Peter Scazzero, The emotionally healthy church
1. Will you keep on trusting Him even in times of loss?
martyrs and evil
2. Are you dwelling in the cleft of the rock?
In the valley I grow
3. Do you expect God to show up?
Living in the tension between trusting anyway and expecting a miracle
I refuse to be discouraged

Isaiah 55
1. Without money and without price (vs. 1)
consider the roll call of God's imperfect heroes
Ray Pritchard, God Prefers Losers
2 Corinthians 4:7
John Barnett, The Confessing Church
I am forgiven: God has removed my debts
I am justified: God has changed my state
I am regenerated: God has transformed my heart
I am reconsciled: God has become my friend
I am adopted: God has changed my family
I am redeemed: God has changed my ownership
I am sanctified: God has changed my behavior
2. Seek Him while He yet may be found (vs. 6)
Will you miss Him?
3. His thoughts and ways are higher (vs. 9)
4. His word shall not return void (vs. 11)
A tribute to the Bible
5. Be led with joy, peace, singing, clapping... (vs. 12)
I AM BLESSED

Matthew 25
1. Parable of teh wise and foolish virgins: Do you know Him? (vs. 12)
If you know Him, you will be ready
GOD IS GOOD
2. Parable of the talents: Is fear crippling your ministry? (vs. 25)
God takes it very seriously when we waste the gifts He has given us
you don't have to be a pro
3. The judgment seat of Christ: When did we see you? (vs. 38 & 44)
the sheep nor the goats knew when they were entertaining Christ on earth
OUR MESSAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment